Hot Cocoa Fudge
Tonight is night #8 of #8nights8Bites (the last night!!!) right here on the blog! Every, night, for the whole Chanukah I’ll be posting a new recipe and ideas for Chanukah! The recipes are EASY, QUICK, and super fun for everyone! Keep checking back here every night and share your creations with us on FB or Instagram with the hashtag #8nights8bites – can’t wait to see what you come up with!
I cannot believe Chanukah is over!!!!!!!! This week went by so fast!! We had such a nice staycation, with all the kids home for the week. Lots of sufganiyot, donuts, chocolate coins, latkes and more!
Tonight, for the last Chanukah treat I have for you, I chose to save the best for last. This recipe has everything we like in a perfect sweet treat:
-super quick prep (needs at least 6 hours in the fridge)
Seriously, I had to eat one even before I took the picture! I couldn’t wait.
There are only 4 ingredients total, including the marshmallow topping! I decided to use blue mini marshmallows, because A) Chanukah themed and B) they didn’t have any white ones in the shop.
But use what you have available. The other ingredients are a can of sweetened condensed milk, chocolate and white chocolate. You can get all those things at the local supermarket. E-A-S-Y!
Chocolate and sweetened condensed milk gets melted in the microwave (E-A-S-Y!), poured into a square pan in layers, decorated with mini marshmallows and boom! Done!
That’s really all there is to this amazing treat.
I also highly recommend serving it along side a hot cocoa bar, something we did last year but not this year (WHY NOT?). Basically, set up some mugs, some chocolate coins, some marshmallows and some whipped cream. Heat up milk and fill the mugs. Then have the kids (and big kids too obviously) add their own chocolate, to make the cocoa and the toppings. YUM, hot cocoa with hot coca inspired fudge. Perfect!
Happy Night #8!! See you next year Chanukah… we’ll miss you!
Hot Cocoa Fudge Recipe
150g white chocolate
200g dark chocolate
1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 ½ cup mini marshmallows
· In a microwave safe bowl, melt dark chocolate and ¾ of the can of sweetened condensed milk. Melt in 15 second increments stirring in between.
· Pour mixture into a parchment paper lined 8*8 square pan.
· In a clean microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate and the rest of the sweetened condensed milk in 15 second increments, stirring in between.
· Pour that over the dark chocolate layer.
· Top generously with mini marshmallows and refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours (overnight is good too).
· Slice into squares and enjoy!!