Easy Sandwich Cookies + Homemade Marshmallow Fluff
Easy-Peasy Sandwich Cookies PLUS Homemade Marshmallow Fluff
Marshmallows! Gooey, sticky, sweet goodness. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love marshmallows! The only thing better than marshmallows is marshmallow fluff. As a child growing up, I could eat a whole jar of fluff, straight out of the jar!
Then, I moved to Israel and I couldn’t find fluff anywhere! So, basically, I forgot about it and moved on to other things.
But, I didn’t actually forget about it…. Last winter I saw some recipes for homemade marshmallows and that immediately made me think of fluff, my favorite! I mean, if you can make marshmallows from scratch, you can certainly make marshmallow fluff! Yay!
So I played around a bit with the ingredients until I discovered the easiest and fastest way to make my own homemade marshmallow fluff! And today I’m sharing that recipe with you. The whole thing takes about 15 minutes and you most likely already have all the ingredients at home! Score!
While I admit, the fluff as a stand-alone treat is just the way I like it, I appreciate that most normal people want or need some bite to go with the gooey-ness of the fluff. So naturally, I think – sandwich cookie. Because, I’m basically always thinking about sandwich cookies – aren’t you?
Now, if I had unlimited amounts of free time I might consider baking some fresh cookies to sandwich my homemade fluff with. But if time is a valuable currency in your home like it is in mine then you’ll appreciate this shortcut! Tea Biscuits are the perfect – I mean truly ideal – cookie for these sandwiches. First of all, they can be found in every Israeli pantry and come in a few different flavors (I had dark chocolate, but any flavor would work). And secondly, they have the perfect crunch that complements the creaminess of the fluff.
And then there are the sprinkles. If you know me, you know I love sprinkles! All kinds of colorful, glittery sprinkles make everything better. Here I mixed a few different kinds together to create this colorful mix. You can use any sprinkles you like for this, and customize it to match your event or décor.
Get the little ones to help dip into the melted chocolate and sprinkle on the sprinkles. There’s nothing like whipping up a yummy snack together on a cool afternoon. Go ahead! I know you can’t wait to make these!
24 chocolate tea biscuits
200g dark chocolate, melted
Homemade Marshmallow fluff:
2 egg whites
100g white sugar (or superfine sugar)
½ Tablespoon Corn syrup (or honey)
Make the marshmallow fluff:
· In the bowl of a standing mixer put the egg whites, sugar and corn syrup. Place the bowl over a pot with simmering water to heat on the stove. Whisk constantly for about 7-9 minutes.
· Return the bowl to the mixer and beat starting with low speed and gradually increasing to high speed for a total of about 10 minutes until very thick and glossy.
· Place in a piping bag.
Assemble the sandwiches:
· Lay out 12 tea biscuits on a lined cookie sheet or tray.
· Pipe a big dollop of fluff onto each cookie. And place another tea biscuit on top of the fluff.
· Melt the chocolate in a microwave bowl in 30 second intervals mixing until the chocolate is completely melted.
· Dip one end of each sandwich into the melted chocolate and sprinkle on the sprinkles.
· Let sit on the counter or in the fridge for a few minutes until the chocolate hardens.